Sunday, January 24, 2010

On The Lighter Side - Southwest Apricot Chicken

I have posted a lot of recipes that would be considered waistline splurges rather than waistline helpers. However, when I was searching for a chicken recipe, I came across this oldie-but-goodie and it's very much on the lighter side--and also VERY easy!

Southwest Apricot Chicken

8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
10 oz. jar apricot preserves
10 oz. jar mild salsa
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken in bottom of pan, mix together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Serve over rice.

Note: For smaller families, prepare in two 8 x 8 square pans and freeze one before cooking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll look forward to incorporating some of these waistline friendly recipes in our meal plans when I visit soon. L, Mom